The Pennsylvania RTC’s Development Program recently concluded its latest season. It was another year of success for the high school wrestlers who trained at the PRTC’s facilities.
More than 250 Cadet or Junior RTC qualifiers have now participated in our development program since October 2016. We’re incredibly proud of this milestone as we work to lead the local movement to support interscholastic, collegiate, and Olympic wrestlers in the Mid-Atlantic region on and off the mat.
The Development Program is a cornerstone of our mission to engage and build relationships with elite high school wrestlers early in their development process. It’s the beginning of what we hope becomes a life-long connection.
Junior and Cadet Nationals Results
The Cadet and Junior Nationals tournaments held in Fargo, North Dakota each July is a showcase event for PRTC participants and the culmination of months of hard work and training in freestyle and/or Greco-Roman wrestling.
This year, seven wrestlers placed, including one junior national champion. Here is a list of the place-winners.
- Michael Colaiocco, Blair Academy. Freestyle champion at 126.
- Daniel Mancini, Owen J. Roberts. 7th in freestyle at 152.
- Lucas Revano, Camden Catholic. 4th in freestyle at 152.
- Joey Slackman, Commack. 7th in freestyle at 285.
- Jake Stefanowicz, Wyoming Seminary. 8th in freestyle at 160, 6th in Greco-Roman at 170.
- Jackson Dean, Caesar Rodney. 3rd in freestyle at 138.
- Antonio Petrucelli, Owen J. Roberts. 4th in freestyle at 145.
Congratulations to all our Junior and Cadet qualifiers and place-winners.
Many PRTC participants go on to compete at the collegiate level. We’re pleased to announce that several participants decided to wrestle for one of Philadelphia’s two NCAA Division I programs – the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University, the PRTC’s host schools and designated training sites.
Below are the wrestlers who will continue their pursuit of success at Div 1 schools on and off the mat:
- Michael Colaiocco – Penn
- Lucas Revano – Penn
- Joey Slackman – Penn
- Jake Stefanowicz – Penn
- Tyler Williams – Drexel
- Chase Shields – Drexel
- Daniel Mancini – VA Tech
- Nick Incontrera – Penn
- Gabe Miller – Penn
- Mike Kistler – Penn
- Cole Urbas – Penn
- Jackson Dean – Penn (2020)
- Luke Lucerne – Navy (2020)
A review of PRTC members who made 2018 commitments and currently Freshman at Penn or Drexel:
- Doug Zapf – Penn (beat #1 seed and finished round of 12 in 2018 Fargo)
- Greg Bensley – Penn
- Blair Orr – Penn
- Carmen Ferrante – Penn (Cadet National All-American)
- Mikey O’Malley – Drexel (2nd Cadet Freestyle, 3rd Cadet Greco, 2017 Cadet Pan American Freestyle Champion, Greco 2nd)
- Josh Stillings – Drexel (4th Cadet Freestyle, 3rd Cadet Greco)
- Antonion Mininno – Drexel
- Dante Mininno – Drexel
Thank you to all the wrestlers, coaches, volunteers, friends, families and many others who made this year’s Development Program a success.
We look forward to seeing you again next year when we kick-off the new season on April 6th with our Freestyle and Greco-Roman Training Camp. Save the Date!
Happy Thanksgiving and remember to support the PRTC this holiday season.